Sosthenes E. Bagumhe
Sosthenes Bagumhe leads and oversees all TAHIA research, capacity building, advocacy, and innovation in digital health activities.
He is a Consultant at ADOSA Company and conducts requirement gathering for software development, supervises Family Planning Mobile App Development using open SRP technology.
He has been the Principal ICT Officer at Ministry of Health (2008 to Date) and has been engaged in the following capacities:
- Project manager for implementing Telemedicine and National Health Client Registry.
- Coordinated the development of eHealth strategy (2013-18) and Digital Health strategy (2019-24).
- Lead mHealth implementations, including Afya maoni, Fasta TZ, and Wazazi nipendeni.
- Chair the World Bank funded project “East Africa Public Health Laboratory Networking Project – EAPHLNP.”
- Supervise and coordinate the regional informatics agenda for all countries in digital health innovation, advocacy, research, and capacity building.
He is currently the General Secretary of Pan African Health Informatics Association (HELINA)